तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय (Tomoso Ma Jyotirgamaya)
Let there be light of wisdom, removing the darkness of ignorance.
Deeply influenced and inspired by the Institutional Motto, Cachar College has been striving continuously to:
- Impart quality Education to the aspirants across all disciplines and to uphold its glorious existence in Barak Valley, Assam.
- Develop enlightened and intellectually competent human resources by imbibing moral, ethical and spiritual values and discipline in them.
- Ensure enough flexibility to accommodate newer learning opportunities in a rapidly changing world.
- Earn recognition as a Potential Centre of Higher Learning in India through its academic pursuits.
- Devote all its resources in the advancement of skill-empowered and socially dedicated younger generations in the service of mankind
Cachar College came into existence in 1960 with a defined objective: "Socio-economic uplift of victims of the unfortunate partition who had been evicted from their land and home from across East Pakistan." To fulfill its Mission, the College makes relentless efforts to:
- Reach out to the most deprived sections of the society through imparting Higher Education.
- Cater to the demand for Higher Education from the socially and economically disadvantaged strata of the society located over a large and diverse geographical jurisdiction.
- Recruit potential human resources and to engage all of them towards Institutional growth & development to achieve higher goals.
- Augment its Infrastructure to cope up with the present needs and future demands of Higher Education.
- Pursue excellence in Education by developing and sharpening the intellectual potential of the learners for the greater good of its stakeholders and the society at large.